Exploring Place Value in Year One
We have been busy working in groups during Maths rotations! Our focus has been place value…and we have been putting our number knowledge to the test!
Our ‘hands on’ activities have allowed us to…
- Practice our number writing…some of us have challenged ourselves and have learnt numbers beyond 100!
- Use hundreds, tens and ones blocks to represent numbers.
- Use the language of smaller than, bigger than, greater than and less than to describe numbers.
- Skip count in 10’s and 5’s…we are now learning to skip count in 2’s!
You might like to practice these at home.
We have enjoyed sharing ideas, working with our friends, cooperating and learning from each other!
Helpful Hints for Week 6
- Parent Teacher Interviews commence Monday of Week 6. It would be greatly appreciated if you could please be on time as each interview is scheduled for 10-12 minutes. We look forward to seeing everyone over the next two weeks.
- The Year Ones will be attending the Year Three’s Assembly on Friday 12th March – please arrive on time as the Assembly will start at 8:45am.
Parents of Year Three children are invited to attend the assembly and if there are any spare seats after they are seated, parents of other year levels may also attend.
See you tonight ! 🙂