Welcome to Term Four! We hope you and your children had a wonderful break! We are looking forward to the term ahead!
Below you will find the Parent Letter for Term Four 2019.
Tiana Massimi and Candice McClenaghan
Year Two Teachers
Download (PDF, 498KB)
Guided Inquiry – Celebrating Differences (Social Justice)
We are enjoying celebrating our cultural differences in Year One and Year Two!
Our recent Cultural Fair allowed our students to…
- Develop an appreciation of multicultural Australia, embracing different foods, games, music, and traditions from different cultures.
- Show respect for those who sound, look and act differently to themselves.
- Understand that although we are all different, we all hold similar values, and we all have the right to be treated fairly.
We had a wonderful time at our Cultural Fair!
A huge thank you to the wonderful Mums, Dads and family friends who volunteered their time, prepared presentations, played games with us, prepared yummy food for us to taste and passionately shared their culture…with a smile and a huge amount of patience!
We loved our morning together!
This term, our guided inquiry topic is Social Justice – Celebrating Cultures. As a part of our exploration into the concept of Social Justice, we are focusing on multiculturalism and the development of empathy, understanding and interest in those from different cultures.
In order to explore and celebrate the cultures that already exist in our school, we are organising a ‘Cultural Fair’ for the Year One and Two classes on
Tuesday 13th August. We are inviting all parents, grandparents and friends to be presenters at our fair. Presenters will be asked to share their knowledge and experiences of a particular culture to small groups of children. During the fair, the children will be rotating around to the various ‘stalls’ to learn as much as they can about the various cultural backgrounds that exist in our school community.
Examples of what you may present are;
● cooking demonstration / foods from other cultures
● traditional dance, instruments or music
● traditional games
● items of cultural significance
● traditional clothing or costumes
● photographs of significant buildings / places
● books or songs in another language
Please return the attached form by Wednesday 31st July (we have extended the return date) if you or anyone you know will be available to present on the day…or team up with another parent?
Further details are attached. A hard copy of this note was sent home to families during the last week of Term two.
We had huge success with our Community Fair earlier in the year and are looking forward to making our Cultural Fair even better!
Download (PDF, 191KB)
Year One and Year Two Teachers