8th Oct Pupil Free Day -Professional Learning Day for Staff
19th Oct Graduation Photo day
19th Oct Whole school Colour Walk or Jog 4.30pm – 7.00pm
23rd Oct Interschool Jumps
25th Oct Interschool Athletics
26th Oct National Teacher’s Day
31st Oct P&F Meeting 9.00-10.00am
31st Oct Staff Meeting 3.20pm-4.30pm
31st Oct Board Meeting 5.45pm-6.30pm
31st Oct ‘Cyber Safety’ Parent Presentation 6.30 – 7.30pm
1st Nov All Saints Community Mass 8.00am-8.30am
5th Nov Staff Curriculum Meeting 3.20pm -4.30pm
7th Nov Kindy Parent Information Meeting 6.00pm -7.00pm
14th Nov Staff Curriculum Meeting 3.20pm -4.30pm
20th Nov Whole School Audit
19-29 Nov Two Way Parent Meetings -book online
21st Nov P&F AGM/Annual Mtg in Learning Hub 5.30pm – 6.30pm
26-29 Nov Keyed Up Music Recitals – MPR
28th Nov P&F Meeting 9.00am – 10.00am
30th Nov End of Year Picnic 4.30pm and Concert 5.15pm
4th Dec PP Celebration Day
4th Dec Graduation Mass, Supper and Presentation 6pm
5th Dec Thanksgiving Mass and Community Morning Tea
5th Dec Kindy Celebration Day
5th Dec Year 1-6 Celebration Afternoon
6th Dec Semester Two Reports available Online
7th Dec Last Day of School.
As part of our HASS geography topic, students have been learning about different countries around the world. They created an online report about their country which included a recipe for a traditional type of food.
Students wrote the recipe as a procedure. They then looked at the ingredients required and ordered everything from Woolworths online while making sure they stuck to their $20 budget.
Students then prepared and cooked their foods in the staff room and served them to their family at open night!
N U M E R O
Numero is simple to play. Numero, at all levels, has only three rules. These rules govern all levels of play. In junior primary schools Numero is introduced in its simplest form and allows opportunities for students to develop very early number skills, as well as significant early problem-solving skills.
NUMERO follows 3 main rules:
- Numero is a game made for fun.
- It was only after Numero had been played by many individuals and started to spread to schools that its educational value was realised. This is now a main feature of this great card game.
- Numero provides a level of enjoyment that is shared across generations.
- In its simplest form, it presents real mental challenges to young minds. In between, there is a variety of stages suited to everyone. The common link being that Numero is FUN to play.
- Numero provides the mental gymnastics we all require.
- Numero develops a wide range of mathematical skills, including basic number recognition, basic number facts, speed of recall, combining operations and problem solving (at later stages).
- Numero introduces fractions, percentages, decimals and more complex mathematical concepts.
- Numero can be played at many different levels.
- Numero can be played by six-to-eighty-year-olds, mums and dads, university professors–anyone.
Our students would love to teach you how to play. We have only just started learning how to play but here is the link to some free instructional videos and posters to help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fFcAzcINBg
Please visit Numero.org
A couple of reminders:
- This night is time for you and your child to share learning together -please make it count – be enthusiastic and positive!
- In addition to going to your child’s classroom, please make sure you visit – THE NUMERACY EXPO in the hall and the BOOK FAIR in the library.
- It is important to note that the Open Night is not the time or place to discuss student learning or behaviour concerns with your teacher- this needs to be done in a pre-arranged two-way meeting time.
- Parents are expected to keep their children with them the whole time (unless a child has been asked to ‘host’ at a particular display as prearranged).
- Young children and toddlers must be carefully supervised at all times and not permitted to touch classroom equipment etc.
- Parents are reminded how much time and effort goes into setting up for Open Nights – please take a moment to thank staff for their efforts. These opportunities only happen through hard work, generosity and a team effort and should never be just taken for granted. A quick email or a word of thanks puts a spring in the step of end of term teachers, who give so much to your children and our school, in so many different ways.
- Mass starts at 6pm – parents are asked to please be considerate and not park in the church carpark, thank you. Some families may like to attend Mass after the Open Night – you are of course very welcome.
We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night and trust that you will enjoy a wonderful opportunity to affirm, thank and encourage your children!
Looking forward to seeing you all soon! 🙂
A webinar is a great way for you as parents to access some excellent speakers and content without leaving the comfort of your own home!
Below is a free VOUCHER CODE for you to access this webinar called Managing Video Games and the next Digital Craze.
VOUCHER CODE = BALANCE
All you have to do is type in the code once you have pressed the ‘Buy Now’ tab and you get to watch the webinar for free this Thursday night the 13th September.
We will be advertising more excellent webinars as they become available and really urge you to have a listen!
Over the last few weeks, Five Blue have been working hard writing narratives for their buddies. They interviewed their buddies to ask what kind of characters and storyline they would like, before getting to work creating their story.
After completing a draft, students then created a good copy of their narrative on their macbooks complete with animations and voiceovers, and all of this happened with book week sandwiched in the middle! We can’t wait to share our finished stories with our buddies!
A sincere and heartfelt THANK YOU to all our wonderful dads, and special grandfathers for making the time to pop in to our Father’s Day breakky on Friday!
There is really nothing better than having you all in our school at the one time! Looking out over a sea of smiling faces, enjoying their children’s company is simply magical!