- Tania Thuijs
- · Kindy · Messages · Parent Resources · Pre-Primary · Year 1 · Year 2 · Year 3 · Year 4 · Year 5 · Year 6
- Click on the link above.
2. Click on the + zoom tab to 100%
Enjoy checking out some of the many wonderful sites for families to access for free!
Our Home Learning Plans for this week come home on Monday 30th March. These will be emailed to you by 9.00am.
Years PP-Year 3 are also receiving a Login Bookmark which will have a) the name of your child, b) the name of the online apps and c) a code. Students may need to login to these programs, either for this week’s lessons, or after the holidays (should schools continue to remain closed).
Please note that other classes Years 4-6 already have their login details.
Our TOP 10 TIPS:
- Please stay calm 🙂
- Organise a space for your child/children to work in.
- Turn the TV off.and read through Day 1 learning activities.
- If needed, have a device ready for your child to access.
- Engage with your child – include them on the decisions around the timing of the lessons and what is needed.
- Talk about each task. The talking is very important – it gives you an opportunity to allay any apprehension or uncertainty, it helps your child to clarify, discuss and organise their thinking.
- Encourage, affirm, and praise things like – effort, focus, good ideas, cooperation and responsibility.
- Take short breaks together – a jog around the house; some brain break activities; healthy snacks.
- Be kind to yourself and be realistic. In the final analysis, these are unusual times … things wont necessarily go according to plan. Stay as positive as you can.
- We will be teaching some face to face students this week and planning for next term, next week. Please send emails via admin if you need any assistance, thank you.
On a final note, while it can be helpful and supportive for families to stay connected during such a time as this, please be reminded that we have high expectations in regard to mutual respect and parent FB posts. All communications on social media that involve our school, our staff, and the learning programs being offered, are to be framed in a positive and respectful way. We will continue to do our very best to support you in the uncertain weeks ahead and we trust that you will do the same. May our community continue to care for each other even when we are not together.
All the very best to you all and stay safe xx
- Candice Agustsson
- · Classroom News · For Families · Messages · Year 1 · Year 2 · Year 3 · Year 4 · Year 5 · Year 6
Date And Time
Mon., 9 March 2020
9:30 am – 11:00 am AWST
Victoria Park Community Centre
248 Gloucester Street
East Victoria Park, WA 6101
This is the first in a series of free positive parenting workshops we are offering in partnership with Communicare.
It will address what boundaries are, why they are important and how parents and caregivers of children 0 to 12 years can help them develop boundaries for themselves.
Monday, March 9, from 9.30 to 11am.
Free childcare will be provided next door at Leisurelife Centre Crèche.
If you would like to make use of the crèche, we will need your child’s name at least one week prior to the workshop. Please bring a snack (no nuts), drink bottle, pram (if your child is young), immunisation record (if you have one), change of clothes, hat and sun-cream.
Settle you child in the crèche and then join us at the Centre for the workshop.
Workshop is FREE to attend, but spaces are limited and registrations are essential.
The link to register is below:
St Emilie’s School Photos will be taken on
Tuesday 3rd March and Wednesday 4th March 2020
All children in Year 1 to 6 will need to wear their St Emilie’s School Shirt and shorts/skorts on these days. Please do not wear sports uniform on these days.
Year 6 children need to bring their House Tops to school in their bags to get changed into for Leadership House groups photos on the Wednesday.
Please see the attached timetable for when each class is having their photo. Please note that this timetable is a guide only and times may vary without notice.
- Stuart Munro
- · Booking Online · Kindy · Messages · Pre-Primary · Year 1 · Year 2 · Year 3 · Year 4 · Year 5 · Year 6