Please check out our post (under MESSAGES), asking for a donation for class food hampers for needy families in our local area this Christmas. If you can afford it, you may like to donate a gift that will also be given to families who for a variety of reasons are in dire financial difficulty this Christmas.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support, goodwill and generosity.
Dear Mums and Dads
Just a friendly reminder to please keep FRIDAY 5th DECEMBER free for our first St Emilie’s whole school Chrissy Edudance Concert!
Format for the evening:
From 5.00pm onwards :
- Families to start arriving
- BYO picnic on the lawn (optional)
5.45pm sharp – CONCERT START TIME
- Yr 1 Happy Little monsters
- Yr 2 Dance with me
- Yr 3 Summer Jam
- Yr 4 Oh – OH We’re in Trouble
- Yr 5 Axel F
- Yr 6 We Stand together.
School Band Item
Christmas Concert Items PP-Yr 6
7.30pm ish – CONCERT FINISH TIME
What to bring:
- Picnic rugs
- low beach chairs
- comfortable casual clothing (wind cheater in case it is cool)
- spare cash – to purchase some raffle tickets
- plenty of patience and a great attitude
Things to bear in mind:
- We are hoping and expecting that all children and their families will be attending and staying for the whole concert, however if you know that you will be away or unable to be there, it is IMPORTANT to let us know well before the concert, for planning purposes and as a courtesy to staff organisers.
- Parking is always at a premium at events such as this one – please share cars and lifts where you can and please be VERY considerate when parking (especially in regard to neighbours)
- The concert is to be held on the big oval with school aged children from PP-6 sitting with staff at the front of the stage area until the end of the concert.
- Kindy children will sit with their teachers until Edudance items conclude. After this they can sit with parents, however Kindy children and any young children are to be well supervised by parents and consideration for others throughout the concert is of paramount importance.
- Ideally everyone will stay and enjoy the whole evening.
- Any rubbish generated by your family is to be bagged and taken home.
- Families are reminded to model consideration, respect and good listening courtesies as children are performing. Some parts of the concert are loud and fun, other parts are quiet and reflective – please come ready to ‘add’ to the experience, thank you.
- As one of the last whole school opportunities for being together, we hope the night will be fun, meaningful and memorable for all.
- To assist us in helping to cover some of the costs associated with the concert staging, lighting and sound, each family will be asked to send $10.00 via a clearly marked envelope via the Office ( i.e. St Emilie’s Xmas Concert, Family Name, Class your eldest child is in ).
Looking forward to seeing you there everyone!
Kind regards, Tania Thuijs
This clip is close to a half an hour long so if you are able to, try to give yourself a free gift and plan a time when you can sit and listen without interruptions … James talks about the value of compassion and his story is uplifting and gives much food for thought for our own lives.
Of course this is an invitation – not a directive! 🙂
As parents and role models in our children’s lives
and role models in our school community
it is so important to consciously….
Please choose your words wisely –
in private and in public
because once words are spoken
they are hard to get back again –
especially if they have been said thoughtlessly or in anger.
Thank you to all those parents and families
who consistently model respectful relationships in and out of our school community –
you are the majority and
you are a gift to us all!
Friday 31 Oct is World Teacher’s Day – a great opportunity to acknowledge the complex role of a teacher and to thank them for all they do for our children, in so many ways.
Teachers who are well supported by families are unstoppable – thank you to all those Mums and Dads for getting behind our staff and working hard to be the best parents you can be!
Take a listen to the Kid President’s Message – what a card!
TERM PLANNER For Families TERM 4 2014 Family
Please note that Wednesday morning Mass is now to be held at 8.00am on the first Wednesday of the month, which allows any staff and families who wish to attend to do so, as it is a short 20 minute Mass and finishes ready for our 8.30am classroom doors open.
We hope that you and your family will be able to attend one of these Masses throughout the term and offer your family intentions in the lead up to Christmas – a great way to start the day!
This term the dates of these 8am Masses are:
Wednesday 5th November
Wednesday 3rd December
There really are so many excellent online resources that offer very good practical advice and resources for families now. However like many things online, there are often so many resources that it is often quite overwhelming to wade through and know which ones are best.
We will continue to point you in the direction of sites and resources that we believe are well worth a visit and we encourage you in those moments when perhaps sitting on a bus going to work, or if you a spare 15 mins here and there to take a look and have a read to see what might be useful for your parenting toolkit!
The Safe School Hub is an excellent resource for schools and families and we are sure that you will find some interesting information and ideas to ponder! Go to the LINK below and click on ‘Show Topic’ and a number of valuable other links, papers, and more are to be found on a variety of topics related to children, families and school. Enjoy!
SAFE SCHOOL HUB – Great Resources for Parents
It’s really great to be back for our final ten weeks of the year – we hope you all managed to have some fun together and made the most of some quality family ‘down time’. It really is so hard to believe how quickly the year has flown by, but what a wonderful year it has been!
As we have said so many times before, while the world continues to rush on past, the real challenge for us all, is to keep making each and every minute count and to try and resist zooming mindlessly through our days – rather savouring the many moments, projects, directions, experiences and people we place so much of our time and energy into!
With a nine week term ahead and some big events coming up, please make sure that you pop all the important dates onto your calendar.
Please make sure that you keep FRIDAY 5th December from 5.45pm – 7.45pm free, for our first whole school, outdoor EDUDANCE and CHRISSY CONCERT!
May the term ahead be filed with all that brings you deep peace and joy, despite the busyness and many competing demands!
The Family Term Planner is posted on this website under OUR SCHOOL / TERM PLANNERS/ Term 4 2014. (Please refer to the Google Calendar regularly to confirm the most up-to-date dates, times and venues).
Some of the KEY DATES include:
- Uniform Shop closed for business today
- Confirmation Masses – Saturday 6.30pm Mass and Sunday Masses 9am and 5pm
- Edu-dance lessons commence Yrs 1-6
- Missions Week
- Uniform Shop opens for Term 4 Tuesday 21 Oct 2.30pm-3.30pm
- Thur 23rd Oct 2.30pm Yr 3G Uniform Try-ons
- Mon 27th Oct 6.3pm P&F Meeting
- Tue 28th Oct 2.30pm Yr 3G Uniform Try-ons
- Thur 30th Oct 2.30pm Yr 3B Uniform Try-ons
- Fri 31st Oct Interschool Athletics
- 6.30pm Mon 3 Nov Board Mtg and Dinner
- Tue 4th Nov 2.30pm Yr 3B Uniform Try-ons
- Wed 5th and Thur 6th Nov PP Parent Teacher Meetings
- Wed 5th /Thur 6th – Whole School Factathon!
- Tue 11th Nov Remembrance Day
- Thur 13th Nov Staff PD (after school)
- Wed 19th Nov – Three Way Interview Day
- Mon 24th Nov – 6.30pm P&F AGM and Board Community Meeting
- Tue 2 Dec – 3.45pm Informal Play date for Kindy 2015 intake
- Fri 5th Dec – Edudance and Family Christmas Concert 5.45pm – 7.45pm
- Tue 8 Dec Graduation Mass/Supper and Presentations 6.00pm – 8.15pm
- Tue 9 Dec K/PP Celebration Day
- Thur 11 Dec Thanksgiving Mass / Community Cuppa
- Thur 11 Dec Yrs 1-6 Celebration arvo / Reports home
- Fri 12 Dec Last day for students / Yr 6 Big Day Out / End of year Gathering in hall 2.15pm