TERM 1 PLANNER INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES
Thursday 29th January – Uniform Shop
- School Uniform Shop Open between 10am – 1.00pm
Monday 2nd February – Start Date for Students Wk 1
- Doors open 8.30am
- Class lists and a school map of new classroom arrangement were emailed out to families in December 2014 and these same lists will also be posted on classroom doors.
- Please be very mindful that there will be lot more children and families entering the school on Day 1 – safety is always our Number 1 priority, followed by hospitality – please go out of your way to smile at others, say hello and generally be warm and friendly!
Wednesday 4th Feb – Community Mass Wk 1
- 8.00am – 8.30am
- All families are invited to join staff and other families at a half hour community Mass – great way to start the day!
Wednesday 4th Feb – Parent Information Evening Wk 1
- The Parent Information Evening is one of the most important events on the school calendar as it is a way for us to all be together to hear about the year ahead as a community – each family is asked to be represented by one or both parents.
- This is a ‘parent’ evening so if possible please try to organise child minding if both of you plan on coming.
- Parents are asked to attend one classroom session + the whole school session in the hall. If you have more than one child you have the option of also attending the second session with the next teacher, or alternatively both parents can attend one session time, each with a different teacher. If you have three or more children you will need to choose which two teachers you wish to see and the teacher/s you miss can be caught up with at a later date or read the info they post onto the website.
- Classroom Session 1 Kindy to Yr 6 – 5.45pm – 6.15pm
- 6.15pm Walk to School Hall
- Whole School Parent Session in hall 6.30pm -7.15pm
- 7.15pm walk to the next classroom for session 2
- Classroom Session 2 – Kindy to Yr 6 – 7.30pm – 8.00pm
- Important – each family will be given a pack containing family forms at the Parent Information Night (in the classroom of the eldest child) that need to be filled in and returned to the Office by Friday 6th February
- Please consider placing an expression of interest for being a P&F Class Representative for 2015. A form and more info can be found at this link:http://web.stemiliescps.wa.edu.au/?p=4787
- copy and paste the following link into your browser)
Friday 6th February – Parent Pack due back to the School Office Wk 1
- This pack has a number of important forms that must be returned so information can be updated in the Office.
Friday 6th February – Sausage Sizzle Orders due today Wk 1
- Te sausage sizzle order forms are for the Community Family Picnic on Friday 13th Feb.
- CLICK HERE: P&F sausage sizzle Order Form
Friday 6th February – Order Forms for Family Portrait due today Wk 1
- The Family Portraits are a P&F Fundraiser to be held in the school hall on Fri 13th Feb ( same night as the Community Family Picnic) and Sat 14th Feb. ( See below for more details).
Wednesday 11th February – Regional Commissioning Mass Wk 2
- All staff will be attending this regional Mass in Thornlie and will need to leave school straight after pick up so parents are advised that they must pick their child up on time ( by 3.20pm).
Friday 13th February – Swimming Training Wks 2,3,4
What: Swimming Training
Who: Years 3-6 students and parents (Year 3 swimmers are invited to attend trainings only as the interschool competition does not include them)
Where: Riverton Leisureplex, Corner of High Road and Riley Road, Riverton
When: Friday 13th February; Friday 20th February & Friday 27th February
Trials: for interschool Monday 9th March
Time: 7.15am to 8.00am
Bring: Towel and water bottle in sports bag
Wear: Bathers and St Emilie’s Sport uniform to get changed in after training
Cost: Approximately $3 per child per session ( pay on entry- cost to be confirmed)
- All students from Years 3-6 who are able to swim at least 25 metres in one or more strokes are invited to attend swimming trainings
- Parents are asked to arrange for children to be dropped at training and delivered back to school after the training, thank you!
Friday 13th February – Community Family Picnic and Fun Night Wk 2
- 5.00pm – 7.30pm
- All St Emilie’s families are asked to consider coming along to spend some time together with others families and with your own children.
- A sausage sizzle dinner ( order forms were sent home in Week 1)
Friday 13th February – Family P&F Portrait Fundraiser Wk 2
Two posible dates for getting your family portrait done:
1. Same night as the Family Fun Night – Friday 13th February in school hall
2. Saturday 14th February in school hall
For just $20.00 you will receive:
– A 10” x 13” Professional Coloured Family Portrait
OR our Advanced Life Exclusive; A3 Black and White Pencil Sketch Portrait and a:
– Wallet Sized Colour Portrait
BOOKINGS can be made via the Front Office from Week 1 of Term 1.
Thank you in advance for your wonderful support of our fundraising efforts in 2015!
Wednesday 18th February – P&F Meeting Wk 3
- Held in the Staffroom
- All welcome
Wednesday 18th February 9.00am – Whole School Mass Wk 3
- Ash Wednesday Year 1-6 Mass – all very welcome!
- Today marks the beginning of Lent.
Wednesday 25th February – P&F Slushy/Smoothie Morning Tea Wk 4
- Parent volunteers will prepare and serve these yummy slushies and smoothies to students K-6 for morning tea.
- Order forms due back to school by Wednesday 18th February
- Oder forms available on website under ‘P&F News’
Wednesday 25th February – School Board Meeting Wk 4
- 6.00pm in staffroom
Wednesday 25th February – St Emilie’s Guest Speaker – Mr Greg Mitchell Wk 4
- Greg Mitchell is nationally and internationally known for his high-energy, interactive and entertaining sessions.
- Session: 7.00pm – 8.00pm in school hall
- Here is a wonderful opportunity to invest in your parenting! Get the children off to bed and pop in to the St Emilie’s School Hall for an hour of listening to a really engaging speaker. Bring friends too!
- Cost: $5.00 – ideally please pay via the Office and have your name recorded, so that we have an idea of numbers (yes, you can pay at the door if you decide to come at the last minute but we would still appreciate a call to the Office to confirm numbers, thankyou!)
What is the evening about?
Children today live in a world that is more negative and judgmental than ever before, a world where their weaknesses are exaggerated, their strengths over examined and their failures are posted on Facebook.
Parents today need a regular dose of positivity to prevent their children falling into the thought pattern that goes something like “If you knew me as I really am you wouldn’t like me so I’ll pretend to be someone else!”
This entertaining, humorous and challenging presentation explores raising children through the concepts of resilience, success and progress.
Please read this flyer for more information about this great opportunity for parents:
Greg Mitchell Fler: BEYOND YELLING
Friday 27th February – Swimming Training Wk 4
- Where: Riverton Leisureplex, Corner of High Road and Riley Road, Riverton
- Time: 7.15am to 8.00am
Monday 2nd March – LABOUR DAY PUBLIC HOLIDAY Wk 5
Wednesday 4th March – 8am Community Mass & Commissioning Mass for School Board and P&F
- 8.00am – 8.30am
All families are invited to join staff and other families at a half hour community Mass – great way to start the day!
Wednesday 4th March – School Photo Day 1 – WkWk5
- Please make sure that your child/ren come to school in their full school uniform for school photo day (this does not apply to Kindy and PP children who will just wear their free dress).
- A timetable of what classes will be photographed on what day will be published closer to the day.
Thursday 5th March -School – Photo Day 2: –Wk5
- As above.
Friday 6th March – Year 5 Assembly Wk 5
- Held in school hall
- Start time: 8.45am
- Morning tea in small mtg room after assembly for parents and friends – a casual, no fuss opportunity to catch up with others and to meet our new families. Please BYO a small plate to share. Anyone who would like to assist helping to set up the morning tea is asked to please contact the school office 92569696. Thank you!
Monday 9th March – Two Way Parent Teacher Meetings throughout this week – Wk 6
- This year we are offering a formal TWO WAY meeting in Week 6 of Term 1 ( which will replace the Three-Way meeting).
- Information as to how to book yourself in will be advertised early in the term.
- We appreciate that it can often be difficult for working parents to make a timeslot during one particular working day so we are trialing offering a number of different before and after school 15 minute timeslots across the week as a way of hopefully giving more parents an opportunity to attend this important interview.
- Times will be strictly adhered to, so please make sure that you are punctual as a courtesy to both the teacher and other parents.
- A two-way meeting will give both you and the teacher to talk to each other without your child being present.
- This meeting will be an opportunity to ask questions and to find out how your child is progressing academically, as well as how they have been settling in socially.
Monday 9th March – Year 4-6 Swimming Trials Wk 6
- Venue: Riverton Leisure Centre
- 9am – 12pm
- Parents welcome
- Please note: School aged siblings who are NOT participating in the trials, are to attend school as normal.
Friday 13th March – Interschool Swimming Training Wk 6
- Venue: Riverton Leisure Centre, Corner of High Road and Riley Road, Riverton
Saturday 14th March – Sacramental Commitment Mass
- Candidates and their parent(s) / guardian(s) for the Sacramental Programme of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation are required to attend a Commitment Mass at St Emilie’s Parish Church to confirm they are able and willing to undertake the programme they are being offered.
- Your attendance is a public way of acknowledging that you appreciate and need the support of the parish and school community, in helping you to raise your child in their Catholic faith.
- ‘Commitment’ means ‘being dedicated to a cause’ – in this case, dedicated to enriching one’s faith through learning, listening, modelling, questioning, participating. Your children need to see and ‘feel’ your commitment to the sacramental program, so please make sure that you present a positive attitude to attending this Mass, as well as the Parent-Child workshops throughout the year.
- Students and parents/guardians will stand during this Mass to read a prayer of commitment to the parish community.
- A register of attendance will need to be signed off at the door.
Sunday 15th March – Sacramental Commitment Mass Wk 6
- 9am and 5pm
Sunday 15th March – BUNNINGS SAUSAGE SIZZLE FUNDRAISER Wk 6
- Volunteers are needed to run this sausage sizzle on a roster basis.
- If you can assist, please contact Mrs Tina Pinnock – Tina.Pinnock@allianz.com.au
- Each year we make approx $1200 from a one day sausage sizzle – well worth the effort!
- Typically you are asked to just donate about an hour and a half of your time – cooking or making up a sausage sizzle.
- Alternatively, you might like to offer to buy supplies, or set up or pack away at the end of the day – whatever you can offer will be really appreciated.
Wednesday 18th March – P&F Meeting Wk 7
- Fete Planning Mtg
Wednesday 18th March – Kindy OT and Speech Parent Presentation Wk 7
- 2pm – 3pm School Hall
- More details will be sent home closer to the time
Friday 20th March – Interschool Swimming Training Wk 7
- Venue: Riverton Leisure Centre, Corner of High Road and Riley Road, Riverton
Friday 20th March – Year 6 Assembly Wk 7
- 8.45am in school hall
Monday 23rd March – Hot Cross Bun Drive Begins Wk 8
- More details will be forwarded to families closer to the time.
Wednesday 25th March – Whole School Open Night Wk 8
- In your child’s classroom
- Science, PE, Cultural Studies also on display
- Come along and view some of your child’s work samples, pop into their classroom and view displays and ‘hands on’ activities too!
- The Open Night is another way for you to see the types of opportunities your child is being given to learn and a wonderful way for you to affirm and encourage them in their learning by taking an interest and asking them some good questions.
Wednesday 25th March – Board Meeting Wk 8
- 6pm -7.00pm
Thursday 26th March – Interschool Swimming Carnival Wk 8
- More details closer to this event
Thursday 26th March – Year 3 and 6 Dental Screening Wk 8
Thursday 26th March – Hot Cross Money due back today! Wk 8
Saturday 29th March – SCHOOL BUSY BEE Wk 8
- 8am – 12pm
- Volunteers needed to send in platters of food for our workers – please contact the Office if you can assist.
- Sausage sizzle lunch and a drink provided to volunteers
- BYO tools and work clothes
Monday 30th March – Year 6 School Camp Day 1 W
- Separate camp details will be sent home in the weeks leading up to the camp.
Tuesday 31st March –Year 6 School Camp Day 2 Wk 9
Wednesday 1st April – Year 6 School Camp Day 3 Wk 9
Wednesday 1st April – Community Mass Wk 9
- 8am in the Church – all families welcome!
Thursday 2nd April – HOLY WEEK presentation by The Year 3 ClassesWk 9
- Venue – TBD ( hall or Church)
Friday 3rd April – 19th April – SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
- Term 2 resumes Monday 20th April