Please also remember that a child’s learning is a ‘work in progress’ and mistakes are all part of the learning process.
It would be very much apppreciated if you would please thank your class teacher and Front Office staff for their efforts in preparing for the day – a simple thank you goes a long way!
Many thanks to you for making time in your busy lives to come along – yit is very much appreciated.
Three way assessment provides a forum for teachers, students and parents to acknowledge student progress and achievement.
In three way interviews students typically lead by explaining about aspects of their learning as well as areas for further improvement.
The 3 Way is a valuable avenue for involving parents and students in the learning process and helping parents understand the teaching, learning, assessment and reporting process.
Three way assessment strategies and interviews have benefits for teachers, parents and our school.
Some of these benefits are outlined in the table below
- Allows for shared responsibility of student learning, assessment and reporting
- Flows naturally from some of the work produced in class
- Strengthens communication channels with parents about student learning and progress
- Enhances self-esteem by allowing them to share their learning opportunities in a positive, supportive environment
- Critically involves students in self-assessment and allows them to take responsibility for their own learning
- Empowers students as they work toward and achieve curriculum outcomes
- Increases parent understanding of learning and assessment
- Allows parents to participate in the reporting process rather than merely respond to it
- Provides evidence to support the twice yearly written reports
- Gives parents an opportunity to affirm, encourage and support their child through constructive feedback.