Welcome to Year One
We are looking forward to an exciting year together!
The first day can be a little overwhelming for both children and parents – we are hoping these handy tips will alleviate some of the stress!
Breakdown of the day:
- Our classroom door will open at 8:30am.
- We will commence our day at approximately 8:45am. A quick wave, hug or kiss is all that is needed when the time comes for parents to leave!
- Our day concludes at 3pm. The children will walk down to the front of the school, with their teacher, for collection through ‘drive through’. Children can also be collected outside our classroom – parents are asked to please wait underneath the big tree. We are encouraging all children to begin using the ‘drive through’ system as of week 2.
- These items are to remain in your child’s school bag: hat, library bag, spare change of underwear, lunch box and crunch and sip container. Please ensure your child’s name is printed on all items including their hat, lunch box, library bag, crunch and sip containers etc.!
- Water bottles (labelled) are to be placed on our blue water trolley located inside our classroom.
- The blue note folder (labelled) is to be placed inside our note folder box – located by our classroom door.
- Please place glue sticks, crayons, scissors, coloured pencils, writing pencils and black fine liner pens in the labelled boxes, inside the classroom. The children will share these items – so there is no need to label everything!
- Scrapbooks, writing books and black display folders are to be placed on your child’s desk – we will store these away later in the morning. Please ensure your child’s name is printed on these – covers are not necessary.
- If your child has a Medical Alert Plan (Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Allergies etc) please ensure the front office has an updated copy of this plan and any necessary medication as soon as possible.
Our Parent Information Evening will be held on Wednesday 8th February. It is here that you will hear some of our important messages for Year One and receive a Parent Information Booklet. We would love to see a representative from each family attend. Parents may attend the 5.45pm or 7.15pm Classroom Session.
All families are asked to also attend the whole-school community session in the hall from 6.30pm-7.15pm.
The breakdown of the evening is as follows:
5.45pm Classroom Session 1
6.30pm Hall Session – ALL
7.15pm Parents move to Session 2
7.30pm Classroom Session 2
8.00pm – Lights out!
Year One Specialist Teachers
Music – Mr Nick Dabbs
Sport – Mr Davis (Children to wear coloured House Sport Top)
Japanese – Mrs Tracy Aroozoo
Health – Mr Paul Davis
Science – Mrs Kerrie Cogger
Yr 1 & 2 Sport (Children to wear yellow St Emilie’s Sport Top)
Library (Requires library bag)
We are looking forward to seeing you all Wednesday!
Year One Blue Staff
Miss Tanya de Gooijer, Mrs Jo Roberto and Miss Veronica Williams
Year One Gold Staff
Miss Kristy Foong, Mrs Grace O’Donnell and Miss Veronica Williams