Today Year 6 took part in Life Education’s ‘Relate Respect Connect’ unit.
This unit promotes building safe and respectful relationships both online and offline by:
- Understanding how to respect ourselves and others
- Identifying the characteristics of positive relationships and the importance of relationships to our own and others’ wellbeing
- Developing strategies to help maintain positive online and offline relationships
- Practising strategies to respond to unsafe or disrespectful situations online and offline
The Year Sixes completed a variety of hands on and collaborative tasks which encouraged them to reflect on their own relationships at school, in the home, in the wider community and online.
For more information check out the parent tips on helping your child to:
- develop self-respect
- make friends
- respond to disrespectful behaviours
- manage disagreements