Term 3 Week 10 – 17th September 2018
Guest Presenter: Senior Constable Grima
It was so wonderful when, Oliver’s dad, Mr Mark Grima accepted our invitation to be a part of our class discussions relating to our Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum. On Wednesday 12th September, Senior Constable Grima visited the Kindy classes to discuss his role as a Policeman and how Police men and women work to keep us all safe.
The children enjoyed seeing Constable Grima in his work attire and offered so many amazing questions:
- Do police dogs have good smells? Do you have police dogs and horses? (Brady)
- Do you have a police leash for the dogs? (Leyton)
- Do the dogs swim? (Oliver)
- How many police dogs do you have? (Savannah)
- Do you have police cats? Do you have lots of trees around your office? (Emerson)
- What if a kid is in a shop and there are no policemen there? (Jorja)
- What is it like being a policeman? (Amy)
- Do you work in the city? (Amelia)
- What is the most rewarding aspect of your job? (Mrs Poinen)
Constable Grima, kindly brought along some pieces of uniform for the children to observe and try on! It was fun dressing up in real Police gear! He even gave the children some goodies to take home!
We learnt so much about Constable Grima’s work and we know that we can all upon Police in an emergency or for other kinds of assistance too! It was really interesting to hear that Mr Grima can stop and talk to people even when off duty, if he knows someone is not doing the right thing. It is great to know that Constable Grima is part of our community, working to keep everyone safe!
Thank you Constable Grima for sharing your time and expertise with our class! We loved having you visit.
Wishing all families a happy, restful and safe school holidays!