As you can see it is just three weeks until our End of Year School Concert on Friday 30th November!
Please make sure you have circled the date on your calendar and read the details below so that you and your family can enjoy what we are sure will be a really great night for everyone!
This year Father Giovanni and the parish will be cooking, selling and serving delicious food for our families on the night.
FOOD AND DRINKS YOU CAN ORDER
Sausage Sizzles $ 4.00
Spring Rolls $ 5.00 for 3
Samosas $ 5.00 for 3
Satays $10 for 5 sticks
French fries $ 2.00
Scoop of yummy gelato icecream – $2.00 (nut free)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW:
- For catering purposes, we need you to let us know WHAT food /drinks you PLAN on purchasing, by replying to the Skoolbag app notice asap, but no later than Friday 16th November.
- You need to purchase your $10.00 family ticket for the concert – through the Office
- You need to purchase your food vouchers ($10.00 per voucher) -through the Office
TIMING OF THE NIGHT
4.15pm – Food being served from this time (to cater for hungry children and adults before the concert).
5.00pm -Children need to be delivered to their classroom
5.15pm – children to sit with class on the oval
5.20pm – school band to play
5.30pm – Concert commences
7.00pm – Concert concludes
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your food vouchers and some extra cash
- Picnic rugs
- Very low beach chairs or beanbag
- comfortable casual clothing (a windcheater in case it is cool)
- plenty of patience, goodwill, and a great attitude!
THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
- We are expecting that all children and their families will be attending and staying for the whole concert, however if you know that you will be away or unable to be there, it is VERY IMPORTANT to let us know well before the concert, for planning purposes and as a courtesy to staff organisers.
- Parking is always at a premium at events such as this one – please share cars and lifts where you can, walk if you can and please be VERY considerate when parking (especially in regard to neighbours)-
- Please do not park in Church Car park area as there is Mass on at 6pm
- The concert is to be held on the big oval with school aged children from Year 1-6 sitting with staff at the front of the stage area until the end of the concert.
- Kindy and PP children will sit with their teachers until their item concludes. Once they have presented their item they will return to their classrooms to be collected by their parents. After this they can sit with parents, however all children are to be very well supervised by parents and consideration for others throughout the concert is of paramount importance.
- It will be best to try and arrive by 4.15pm, get a picnic spot and some food for the children, take them to teachers at 5pm, then adults can go and get some food.
- Any rubbish generated by your family is to be bagged and taken home.
- Families are reminded to model consideration, respect and good listening courtesies as children are performing.
- Some parts of the concert are loud and fun, other parts are quiet and reflective – please come ready to ‘add’ to the experience by clapping loudly and by talking softly.
- As one of the last whole school opportunities for being together, we hope the night will be fun, meaningful and memorable for all.
Looking forward to seeing you there everyone!
Kind regards, St Emilie’s Staff