Term Four – 18th November 2019
Today in Pre-Primary Blue, we had a wonderful discussion about WAITING for something special and our Fruit of the Holy Spirit, PATIENCE.
We discussed what it feels like to wait for something special or for a special thing to happen. The children shared their own examples of these special moments and their feelings associated with it.
Here are some of their thoughts about: “What is Patience?”
- “Patience means waiting.” – Jayden
- “Patience means you don’t talk when someone else is talking.” – anonymous
- “Patience means if you’re waiting to order something, you need to wait patiently.” – Kirath
- “Patience is waiting for something to come in the post; we need to wait for a long time.” – Dwayne
- “Waiting to go to the shops and you might get a new toy; you have to be patient.” – Oscar
- “You have to put your hand up and wait patiently for the teacher to call you.” – Savannah
- “When you get invited to someone’s birthday, you have to wait patiently for the special day.” – Mila
- “When you’re at a carnival waiting for a ride and you have to wait in line patiently for your turn.” – Mason
- “I had to wait for my Aunty’s baby to come out.” – Amelia
We viewed a story called, “Waiting is Not Easy!”
As we soon approach the season of ADVENT, the children will be led to wonder about how Mary and Joseph WAITED and prepared for the birth of Jesus.