Welcome to the first day of Year One!
We are looking forward to an exciting year together!
The first day can be a little overwhelming for both children and parents – we are hoping these handy tips will alleviate some of the stress!
Breakdown of the day:
- Our classroom door will open at 8:30am.
- We will commence our day at approximately 8:45am. A quick wave or kiss is all that is needed when the time comes!
- Our day concludes at 3pm. The children will walk down to the front of the school for collection through ‘drive through’. Children can also be collected outside our classroom – please wait underneath the big tree. We are encouraging all children to begin using the ‘drive through’ system as of week 2.
- These items are to remain in your child’s school bag: hat, library bag, spare change of underwear, lunch box and crunch and sip container. Please ensure your child’s name is printed on their hat!
- Water bottles are to be placed on our water trolley located inside our classroom.
- Please write your child’s name on their blue note folder. This is to be placed inside our note folder box located by our classroom door.
- Place glue sticks, crayons, scissors, coloured pencils, writing pencils and black fine liner pens in the labelled boxes. The children will share these items – no need to label everything…don’t panic if you have already done this!
- Leave your child’s scrapbooks, writing books and black display folders on your child’s desk – we will store these away later in the morning. Please ensure your child’s name is printed on these – no covers are necessary.
- If your child has a Medical Alert Plan (Asthma, anaphylaxis, Allergies etc) please ensure the front office has an updated copy of this and any necessary medication as soon as possible.
Our Parent Information Evening is being held on Monday 3rd February – first day back!
We would love to see a representative from each family attend. It is here that you will hear some of our important messages for Year One. Our Parent Information Booklet will be available shortly on the St Emilie’s website.
The breakdown of the evening is as follows:
5pm -5:30pm Session 1 in our classroom
5:45pm-6:15pm Session 2 in our classroom
*attend one session only
Music – Mr Dabbs
Sport – Mr Davis (Children to wear coloured House Sport Shirt)
Japanese – Mrs Aroozoo
Library (Requires library bag)
Yr 1 & 2 Sport (Children to wear yellow St Emilie’s Sport Shirt)
Health – Mr Davis
Science – Mrs Cogger
Save the date: Friday 21st February!
5pm -7:30pm Family Fun Night & Picnic
A great opportunity to meet new families to our school and catch up with old friends!
We are looking forward to seeing you all on Monday!
Year One Teachers
Miss Tanya de Gooijer and Mrs Simone McKenzie
Year One Educational Assistants
Mrs Jo Roberto and Mrs Amy Andrews