We have been quite busy during our first few weeks of Year One!
- are becoming more familiar with classroom and whole school routines
- have welcomed new friends into our class
- have been trying really hard to work together as a team
- are loving our specialist classes
- look so grown up in our uniform
- have met our new Year Five buddies and are looking forward to doing activities together
- are becoming more independent and responsible for our belongings and our choices
- have had a go at writing on our own
- have learnt new words to add to our vocabulary thanks to the stories we have been reading…ferocious, groan, sprinkle, sway, sob and leap –we even wrote some great sentences using these words!
- love using our mini whiteboards during word work lessons
- have practised our number recognition using number lines
- have explored the idea of Identity…we especially loved sharing ideas about how we can be different in some way yet the same in other ways…it challenged our thinking!
- have learnt how to kick a football thanks to the footy clinic Mr Davis organised
- have decided that in order to have a great year our class needs to have five important rules – mutual respect, active listening, ask questions if we are stuck, no put downs and always try hard to be the best we can be!
Our days are always so busy! We can’t wait to learn more!