St Emilie’s School Photos will be taken on
Thursday 4th March and Friday 5th March 2021
All children in Year 1 to 6 will need to wear their St Emilie’s School Shirt and shorts/skorts on the days of their class photo day.
Year 6 children need to bring their House Tops to school in their bags to get changed into for Leadership House groups photos on the Thursday.
- The school has chosen to use the online ordering system. Your child will be given an online ordering instruction slip and a unique student shootkey.
- Log onto www.msp.com.au and follow the prompts to place your order.
- If you lose your shootkey the school reception will have a copy to quote back to you.
- The expiry date for online ordering is the 12th March 2021 Any orders received after this date will incur a $30.00 archive fee. You can email your order request through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 08 9240 8000
- Envelopes can be obtained from Administration.
- Family photos are taken each morning before school.
- Please ensure that your family envelope and payment are handed to the Photographers on photo day.
- If you do not have the correct money we will provide any change needed when photos are delivered to school.
- Family photos cannot be ordered online.
- Once school has received photos, family photos will remain at reception for parents to collect.
Please Note: Individuals and Family Photos are not available to view online
Please see the attached timetable for when each class is having their photo. Please note that this timetable is a guide only and times may vary without notice.
- Stuart Munro
- · Booking Online · Kindy · Messages · Pre-Primary · Year 1 · Year 2 · Year 3 · Year 4 · Year 5 · Year 6
SWIMMING TRAINING 2021 ** Pending Government Restrictions**
Who: Year 4-6 students that have expressed interest in our school trials
When : Thursday 18th February
Where: Riverton Leisureplex
Time: 7:15am – 8:00am
Transport: Students will need to make their own way to and from the pool
Cost: Students Nil – Spectators are charged a small entry fee
This is NOT a compulsory training session.
- A reminder this is a training session, not a swimming lesson.
- It is important children are able to swim 50m without stopping.
Following this training session, we will be conducting our St.Emilie’s Trials on Tuesday 23rd February.
Children who have expressed interest in this event have received a permission slip and entry form to fill in and return next week.
Health & PE Specialist
Good morning Families!
Hopefully everyone is safe and sound and feeling ok?
We were of course all very much looking forward to seeing the children again and to welcoming you back – hopefully this won’t be too far away.
While it is not the start to school we were all expecting today, the priority at the moment is of course to remain safe and well – both physically and emotionally.
In the meantime, many of you may be dealing with some little people who are feeling sad that they can’t start school today , while other children will be thinking all their Christmases have come at once!! 🙂
If you want a short, simple, positive ebook to share with your kids about the COVID virus, the one below is pretty good:
Other tips for decreasing any anxiety and promoting wellbeing during this time:
- Talk to your kids simply and honestly – “It is a shame we cant be back at school today but its important that we all work together to help our whole community stay safe and well. Hopefully things will change soon. In the meantime let’s think of all the bonuses to having a week at home! ….”
- Encourage children to use mindfulness apps, such as smiling mind, to help them work through any stress or feelings of anxiety.
- Limit their exposure to news coverage and adult conversations about the outbreak.
- Don’t forget about your own needs. Keep up meditation, yoga and exercise.
- Get children involved at home.
- Check in on friends via telephone /video calls – have a chat with elderly relatives or friends on their own
- Speak calmly and reassuringly and try to keep home as calm as possible!
- Mix it up – routines can help – get kids involved in the chores and reward with a family game, reading a book, cooking etc.
Talk soon! 🙂
- Tania Thuijs
- · From the Principal · Kindy · Messages · Pre-Primary · Year 1 · Year 2 · Year 3 · Year 4 · Year 5 · Year 6
As you will be aware, the Premier announced a 5 day COVID lockdown this afternoon and families have been advised to treat this period of time as an extra week of school holidays.
St Emilie’s School and all schools in the metro area will therefore be CLOSED from tomorrow, Monday 1st February to Friday 5th February.
Please rest assured that we will continue to keep all families updated via text, the website, Facebook and email as we receive any further information from both CEWA and the Premier’s Office.
Stay safe, take care and kindest regards,
Tania Thuijs, Principal
We are looking forward to seeing you and the children are excited about performing for you! Please note the following:
- You must RSVP your attendance with the class teacher – one parent only.
- It is going to be very important that parents arrive and leave on time.
- When waiting outside the hall – parents will need to stand in the area outside the large glass doors – not in the foyer or along the path.
- Parents must continue to maintain social distancing.
- While we appreciate some of you will want a front row seat, please be considerate of others at all times.
We hope you enjoy the afternoon!
- Tracy Aroozoo
- · Kindy · Messages · Pre-Primary · Year 1 · Year 2 · Year 3 · Year 4 · Year 5 · Year 6