SWIMMING TRAINING 2021 ** Pending Government Restrictions**
Who: Year 4-6 students that have expressed interest in our school trials
When : Thursday 18th February
Where: Riverton Leisureplex
Time: 7:15am – 8:00am
Transport: Students will need to make their own way to and from the pool
Cost: Students Nil – Spectators are charged a small entry fee
This is NOT a compulsory training session.
- A reminder this is a training session, not a swimming lesson.
- It is important children are able to swim 50m without stopping.
Following this training session, we will be conducting our St.Emilie’s Trials on Tuesday 23rd February.
Children who have expressed interest in this event have received a permission slip and entry form to fill in and return next week.
Health & PE Specialist
Good morning Families!
Hopefully everyone is safe and sound and feeling ok?
We were of course all very much looking forward to seeing the children again and to welcoming you back – hopefully this won’t be too far away.
While it is not the start to school we were all expecting today, the priority at the moment is of course to remain safe and well – both physically and emotionally.
In the meantime, many of you may be dealing with some little people who are feeling sad that they can’t start school today , while other children will be thinking all their Christmases have come at once!! 🙂
If you want a short, simple, positive ebook to share with your kids about the COVID virus, the one below is pretty good:
Other tips for decreasing any anxiety and promoting wellbeing during this time:
- Talk to your kids simply and honestly – “It is a shame we cant be back at school today but its important that we all work together to help our whole community stay safe and well. Hopefully things will change soon. In the meantime let’s think of all the bonuses to having a week at home! ….”
- Encourage children to use mindfulness apps, such as smiling mind, to help them work through any stress or feelings of anxiety.
- Limit their exposure to news coverage and adult conversations about the outbreak.
- Don’t forget about your own needs. Keep up meditation, yoga and exercise.
- Get children involved at home.
- Check in on friends via telephone /video calls – have a chat with elderly relatives or friends on their own
- Speak calmly and reassuringly and try to keep home as calm as possible!
- Mix it up – routines can help – get kids involved in the chores and reward with a family game, reading a book, cooking etc.
Talk soon! 🙂
- Tania Thuijs
- · From the Principal · Kindy · Messages · Pre-Primary · Year 1 · Year 2 · Year 3 · Year 4 · Year 5 · Year 6
As you will be aware, the Premier announced a 5 day COVID lockdown this afternoon and families have been advised to treat this period of time as an extra week of school holidays.
St Emilie’s School and all schools in the metro area will therefore be CLOSED from tomorrow, Monday 1st February to Friday 5th February.
Please rest assured that we will continue to keep all families updated via text, the website, Facebook and email as we receive any further information from both CEWA and the Premier’s Office.
Stay safe, take care and kindest regards,
Tania Thuijs, Principal
We are looking forward to seeing you and the children are excited about performing for you! Please note the following:
- You must RSVP your attendance with the class teacher – one parent only.
- It is going to be very important that parents arrive and leave on time.
- When waiting outside the hall – parents will need to stand in the area outside the large glass doors – not in the foyer or along the path.
- Parents must continue to maintain social distancing.
- While we appreciate some of you will want a front row seat, please be considerate of others at all times.
We hope you enjoy the afternoon!
- Tracy Aroozoo
- · Kindy · Messages · Pre-Primary · Year 1 · Year 2 · Year 3 · Year 4 · Year 5 · Year 6
St.Emilie’s Mothers Group (MoPS) will celebrate life catching up over Morning Tea on Tuesday 24th November – 9 to 10:30am at St.Emilie’s School hall.
MoPS is an endeavour to cheer mums on, in their journey of motherhood and bring perspective on mothering, womanhood and relationships. It is a safe place to build relationships and create a welcoming environment for children, appreciating their eternal worth.
Inviting all mums to make brave choices in doing new things and to come together as we plan ahead for the New Year –
We are looking for a team of carers and mentors, role models and prayer warriors…if you feel called to support mums and their little ones, in any capacity, please do get in touch with us.
We have a group of 8-10 mums who have confirmed attendance so far. Also in attendance this meeting we will have the Regional Leader for MoPS and Denise from Connections Counselling as our guest speaker. We also have a few Uni students( 2 or 3 including my daughters) volunteering to take care of the littlies – in the room adjacent -so we are visually connected.
Good morning everyone,
As advertised in recent Weekly Reminders, the annual P&F AGM and the Annual community Meeting of the School Board is to be held next Wednesday evening, the 25th November, at 5pm in the Learning Hub.
If you are planning on attending you must please RSVP to School Office for seating and catering purposes – email@example.com