In Literacy this term, we have been exploring the text type ‘Persuasive Writing’.
The Year Three Blue students had a discussion about which animal makes a better pet; a dog or a cat.
We had to choose which team we were on and then brainstorm ideas as to why our chosen pet is the best one.
We then had a mini debate and each team shared some convincing reasons why their pet is the best choice.
We even decorated our own cat and dog masks for the debate!
The cat team came up with some great arguments including:
- Cats are quieter than dogs and won’t disturb you as much
- Cats are easier to look after as they don’t need to run around as much as dogs do
- Cats are fluffy and soft so they are nice to pet
The dog team also provided some strong reasons to support their opinion including:
- Dogs are affectionate and will always love you, unlike cats who are not as affectionate
- Dogs are active so they will help you to stay fit and healthy
- Dogs can protect your family and keep them safe
We enjoyed sharing our ideas and are getting ready to write our own convincing persuasive texts.
From the Year Three Blue students and Miss Williams